When you have a furry friend and you’re looking to move, your apartment has to be perfect for both you and your pet. There are specific things that are important to look for when you’re picking the new place you’ll call “home.” Here are five reasons why we think Fifth + Bank is the place to be if you’re a pet owner.
Big + small, we welcome them all!
No matter how big or small your pet is, they’re welcome at Fifth + Bank, with a smile and no additional fees*! In fact, they’re welcome at all Minto Apartments across Canada, so if you or someone you know is interested in a pet-friendly apartment, take a look at what we have available here.
*Note: Our properties in Alberta may be subject to minor pet fees.
Close to parks + paths
Being centrally located is key for both people and pets. Take your dog out for a stroll along the canal or to Sylvia Holden Dog Park located within Lansdowne Park. There are endless spots for you to take your four legged friend – you can even put a leash on your cat and take them to sit and watch the ducks at Dow’s Lake. The possibilities are endless and the Glebe is yours to explore!
Looking for the best dog parks and walking paths in the area? Take a look at our article about 8 dog parks + paths near Fifth + Bank.
Close to pet stores + veterinary services
Whether you go northbound or southbound on Bank Street, you’ll come across a pet store or vet. This is ideal for the pet owner who doesn’t have a car and needs services in their area. Did we mention they’re all local retailers, so you can feel good about supporting local businesses and pampering your pet? Next time you’re looking to pick up treats for your pet, consider some of these puurrfect shops:
• Bytown Bark & Bathe: Organic and local, located at 422 Bank Street.
• Global Pet Foods Bank St: Large selection of Canadian-made products, located at 1176 Bank Street.
• Pet Circus: Specializing in any type of pet, located at 274 Bank Street.
Looking for more pet stores, groomers and vets around the Glebe? Check out our article about 11 pet supplies and service businesses in the Glebe.
Fifth + Bank is a 6-storey building, which classifies it as mid-rise. There are lots of benefits to living in a smaller building, and this extends to our pets. Smaller buildings mean:
• No long elevator waits: This is amazing for the dog who’s excited for their daily walk!
• Taking the stairs isn’t too much of a hassle: The highest floor is the 6th floor, which makes for easy ins and outs – and a little more cardio in your day. Get those knees up!
• Larger sense of community: Smaller buildings mean fewer people, so you’re more likely to run into other pet owners you know more frequently – and maybe even organize a play date or two!
• Balcony height: Your pets are able to sit on their balcony and actually see what’s going on below them – keeping them distracted while you’re busy inside with human tasks.
In-building pet spa
Last but certainly not least, there’s a pet spa right on site for you to take your dog, (or cat or bunny), after a long walk to get washed up and dried off. No longer will you have to track muddy paws through your apartment when you can easily rinse them off in the Fifth + Banks resident pet spa!
Your pet will love Fifth + Bank as much as you do! Sign up to receive email alerts about construction progress today and find out when you and your furry friend can make this your home. We can’t wait to meet you!